Friday, March 27, 2009

Things are progressing in a positive direction for us here in Hyderabad. T.J. arrived safely last night (finally!). Mattresses were delivered on Thursday (only a week after they were originally promised) and our car was delivered on Wednesday. We found a driver who starts Monday (the first one I interviewed didn't speak English, so we scrambled to find a new person mid week). We have couple of water leaks in our house, but we are working to get them resolved. Our microwave/oven was not delivered, but we will try to sort that out today. Now we just have to wait on our furniture to be delivered (couches, dining room table, and beds) and buy our TV(s). We have all of the keys to our house, which makes it feel more like home...now I just have to figure out how to clean it since I underestimated the amount of dust we would have to deal with out here in Gachibowli (if I googled it, it would probably mean dust bowl in Hindi).

All this to say things are good here...well minus the trip to the dentist I am going to have to make today. I noticed I had a cracked tooth, so I am going to try to get it fixed before it becomes a real problem. I am only nervous because, generally speaking, sanitation standards are not the same here as we are used to in the U.S....the quality of medical care is good though. I will ask T.J. to update our blog to let you know if I don't survive for some reason. Have a great day!

Lots of Love!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment